NM History Museum and Photo Archives

As the Story Maps Fellows search for the best resources to tie together art, mapping, and storytelling, we visited the New Mexico History Museum and had a formal tour with Photo Archives Director, Hannah Abelbeck.

Hannah informed us that of the millions of images they have collected, only about 1% have been digitized and are searchable on their website. The other 99% of the collection is accessible by appointment-only visits to their facility.

Here are some of the photos I took during our appointment.